Did you know that precious and semi-precious stones have been used throughout history for their healing properties? Back in biblical times according to the book of Exodus, Aaron the high priest was inspired and commanded by God to make a breastplate which contained these crystals and stones to represent the twelve tribes of Judah. It was worn over a dress called an ephod. When he wore it on his breast the tribes could communicate with God. Each tribe could ask a question of God and one by one the stones would emit a shine or glow and collectively they would receive an answer from God. This brought the people closer to God and the breastplate was considered a blessing and divine. Over time people found that these crystals and stones had special properties when carried or worn. Some were said to impart energy, strength, cure diseases and ward off evil.
WHY USE CRYSTALS AND STONES?
You're probably saying to yourself…ok, how is a rock supposed to help me heal? Virtually everything around us is comprised of energy. Sometimes certain things in life can affect our energy force and that energy becomes out of balance and can manifest maladies such as stress, depression, fatigue, insomnia etc. Just like colors, certain plants, herbs and aroma therapies can have a calming, soothing effect on our bodies, moods and emotions, crystals and stones have the ability to absorb and emit energy just like our bodies do and therefore can be helpful to cleanse us of these maladies and improve our emotional and physical wellbeing to balance that energy force and help get things back in tune. Keep in mind that different stones carry different healing properties.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR CRYSTALS AND STONES
Well, I think there is no set method to choosing. Actually, I prefer to let the crystals choose me! See what attracts you. Is it the color? The shape? Maybe an energy or vibration you feel when holding the crystal or stone? How does it make you feel? The more you work with them the more in tune you will become with your crystal or stone. It's really an individual thing.
SOME POPULAR HEALING STONES
- Quartz – All quartz have grounding abilities which means means it is able to store, transmit and transfer energy. It is a natural harmonizer of the chakra vortexes of the body.
- Amethyst – is a Master Healing crystal. Some healing properties of this stone are blood and breathing problems. it can be used to relieve migraines. Amethyst can be worn to calm and soothe. It can be used to balance emtions.
- Turquoise – Is also considered a Master Healing Crystal. Turquoise improves healing and the immune system of the body.
- Topaz – Is available in a variety of colors. This stones stimulates feelings of love, peace and happiness.
- Tourmaline – Has many healing properties. Tourmaline can help lessen anxiety, stress and fears.
- Bloodstone – is also known as the "Stone of Courage." It's properties can help with focusing on the here and now.
- Rose Quartz – One of my very favorites. Rose quartz helps heal the emotions and promotes inner peace. I find it to be a very calming stone and one that I wear frequently.
There are many, many different types of crystals and stones. They can be natural, raw and uncut or tumbled (which means they have been smoothed and polished). Whichever you choose or whichever cystals or stones choose you, always respect and appreciate their beauty, embrace their benefits and most importantly have fun!
**DISCLAIMER: CRYSTAL THERAPY IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SEEKING THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN. PLEASE DIRECT CONCERNS AND QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE TO YOUR MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL TO SEE IF CRYSTAL THERAPY MAY BE OF BENEFIT TO YOU.**